CRIMINAL LAW SPECIALIST
In theory, the criminal justice system ensures public safety. But the federal and state governments have used it for more.
Individuals accused of a crime deserve protection from abuse of power. From the moment charges are filed, a criminal accusation can ruin a person’s life. Much of my criminal work results in favorable outcomes before the case goes to trial or becomes public. If a case proceeds to trial, I specialize in persuading the courts to rule in my client’s favor on issues of unconstitutional police behavior and prosecutorial misconduct.
TYPES OF CASES
If your case falls into one of the folloing types, get in touch for a consultation.
Drug distribution and possession
Marijuana and cannabis issues
Firearms and straw purchases
Sex offenses, including offenses against minors
Obstruction of justice
RECENT CASE RESULTS
- United States v. Client: found not guilty of drug possession charge after trial
- Commonwealth of Virginia v. Client (Prince William County): not guilty of assault & battery charge
- United States v. Client: no prison imposed on gun trafficking charges where sentencing guidelines recommended 12-18 months
- Commonwealth of Virginia v. Client (Stafford County): multiple charges dismissed when motion to suppress granted based on lack of probable cause
- Commonwealth of Virginia v. Client (Fredericksburg City): felony obscenity charges dismissed after Mike argued against legality of computer search
- Commonwealth of Virginia v. Client (Stafford County):not guilty of driving while intoxicated after Mike prevented prosecutor from using expert testimony
- Commonwealth of Virginia v. Client (Prince William County): drug charges dismissed after motion to suppress granted for police lack of reasonable suspicion to conduct an investigative stop.